Do you want to delete your Instagram account or profile picture? When you want to update your profile picture in Instagram account, you have to first remove the current picture and then you can upload the another.
Mostly, we have seen that many people delete Instagram profile because they are not in good mood or maybe they don’t want to show their pictures to others.
Now, it’s becoming a trend most of the people even including celebrities are removing their profile pictures, to get the attention of the media and audience. They were doing this to support some campaigns related to equalities, discrimination etc. or their new music album.
Here, we are going to tell you how to delete the Instagram profile in steps:
How to delete Instagram profile on mobile
These are the steps to delete the Instagram profile on mobile:
1. Open Instagram App: Open the Instagram app in your smartphone.
2. Login: enter your email id or username with password and then login.
3. Tap on profile icon: On the bottom-right corner, you see a profile icon look like person and the color is black, tap on that.
4. Tap on edit profile button: After tapping, you see edit profile button, tap on it.
5. Tap on change photo: When you click the edit profile button, you see your profile picture with “change photo” link, tap on that.
6. Remove profile photo: A pop up will open ask you to remove profile photo just tap on that option.
After doing this, you will see your photo has been removed from your account. You see that profile icon which is totally white now. You can upload your picture again by repeating this procedure again.
How to delete Instagram profile on Desktop
These are the steps to delete the Instagram profile on desktop:
2. Sign in: You can enter your email id or username with password and then login.
3. Click on profile icon: After login, On the top-right corner, you see a icon, called as profile icon click on that.
4. Click on edit profile button: After clicking, you see edit profile button in the center, click on it.
5. Click on change profile: When you click the edit profile button, you see your profile picture with “change profile photo” link, click on that.
6. Remove photo: After clicking on that link, a pop up icon will generate, shows you the remove current photo, click on that.
After that you can see your profile picture is removed and it is totally blank. If you want to upload a new picture, just click on the change profile photo link again, click on upload photo, you can upload the photo from your choice.
Deleting Instagram profile, makes your photo invisible to others, they can’t find out that this is your account. People find difficulty in recognizing your account.