In today’s life internet has become an integral part of human life. Humans are trying to connect each and everything of his life with the internet just to make it easy in availability. No doubt it has made remarkable changes in human life like booking of tickets without wasting your time in the queue or if you want to know about anything then you can Google it anytime anywhere.
But if it a boon then it is a curse also. The curse is when it is used for wrong things. This misuse of the internet is called ‘Cyber Crime’. Now it reached a very dangerous label (Hacking, Phishing, Identity theft) is very common today.
If you are using the internet then you should know about how to prevent cybercrime and keep your device safe.
If you feel that someone is doing cyber crime against you, you can register a Cyber Crime Complaint in police via online process.
Today we are going to tell you how to register online Cyber Crime Complaint with ‘Cyber Cell of Police’.
Here What We are Going to Cover:
- What is Cyber Crime?
- Step by Step process to Register Cyber Crime Complaint Online
- Address and contact number of Cyber Crime Cell
- How to know that an email attachment is safe?
- Some Online Tips for Your Safety-
What is Cyber Crime- Anything done to a person or group of persons which is harmful and disastrous by using the internet is called Cyber Crime.
You have often heard that the terrorists hacked the system before a terrorist attack and use internet for it. This is how they misuse the connectivity of the internet.
The following are the list of cyber crime.
Cyber Cell- For combating this cyber crime in India the CDIs of different cities have made Cyber Crime Cells. You can register your cyber cell complaint in this cell against cyber crime online.
Cyber crime complaint
Process- Now we will discuss the process how to register the cyber cell compliant-
Step 1- For Cyber Crime Complaint First of all write an application in the name head of cyber crime cell.
Step 2- Provide the following things with the application-
- Email address
- Telephone no.
Step 3- For required documents, there are two cases.
- a) In case of vulgar emails, abusive email etc the following details are required cyber crime complaint-
- The header of email which is offending you.
- The email address of offending sender.
- b) In case of Hacking, the following details are required for cyber crime complaint-
- Logs of the server.
- A hard copy and soft copy of the defected page.
- If the data of the defected site is compromised then you will need a soft copy of original data as well as compromised data.
- Control mechanism details of access in which you have to tell who has accessed the computer.
- If you have any doubt or your feeling suspicious about anyone then you have to provide the list of these suspicions.
Step 4- You can file the complaint from any cyber cell of any of the cities and also send direct email on below-given email of Cyber Cell Police Station.
Cyber crime cell Mumbai
Address: Assistant Commissioner of Police Cyber Crime Investigation Cell Office of Commissioner of Police office, Annex -3 Building, 1st floor, Near Crawford Market, Mumbai-01. Contact Details: +91-22-22630829 +91-22-22641261 Website: https://cybercellmumbai.gov.in/index.html E-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cyber crime cell Chennai
Address: Assistant Commissioner of Police Cyber Crime Cell Commissioner office Campus Egmore, Chennai- 600008 Contact Details: +91-40-5549 8211 E-mail id: email@example.com For Rest of Tamil Nadu, Address: Cyber Crime Cell, CB, CID, Chennai E-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cyber crime police station Bengaluru, Karnataka
(for whole of the Karnataka) Address: Cyber Crime Police Station C.O.D Headquarters, Carlton House, # 1, Palace Road, Bangalore - 560 001 Contact Details: +91-80-2220 1026 +91-80-2294 3050 +91-80-2238 7611 (FAX) Website: Cyber Crime Police Bangalore Email-id: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cyber crime cell Hyderabad
Address: Cyber Crime Police Station Crime Investigation Department, 3rd Floor, D.G.P. office Lakdikapool, Hyderabad – 500004 Contact Details: +91-40-2324 0663 +91-40-2785 2274 +91-40-2329 7474 (Fax) Web site:www.cidap.gov.in/... E-mail id: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cyber crime cell Delhi
Address: CBI Cyber Crime Cell: Superintendent of Police, Cyber Crime Investigation Cell Central Bureau of Investigation, 5th Floor, Block No.3, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 3 Contact Details: +91-11-4362203 +91-11-4392424 Web site: Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) E-Mail: email@example.com Asst. Commissioner of Police, Cyber Crime Cell, EOW, Crime Branch, 2nd Floor, Police Training School, Malaviya Nagar, New Delhi-110 017 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com
Cyber crime cell Mumbai
Address: 3rd Floor, Police Commissioner Office Near Court Naka, Thane West, Thane 400601. Contact Details: +91-22-25424444 Web site: www.thanepolice.org E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cyber crime cell Pune
Address: Assistant Commissioner of Police Cyber Crime Investigation Cell Police Commissioner Office of Pune 2, Sadhu Vaswani Road, Camp, Pune 411001 Contact Details: +91-20-2612 7277 +91-20-2616 5396 +91-20-2612 8105 (Fax) Website: Page on punepolice.com branch.html E-Mail: email@example.com
Cyber crime cell online complaint - Gujarat
Address: DIG, CID, Crime and Railways Fifth Floor Police Bhavan Sector 18, Gandhinagar 382 018 Contact Details: +91-79-2325 4384 +91-79-2325 3917 (Fax)
Cyber crime cell Gurgaon
Superintendent of Police Gurgaon. Assam CID HQ,Dy.SP. Assam Police contact Details Ph: +91-361-252-618 +91-9435045242 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cyber crime cell Jharkhand
IG-CID, Organized Crime Rajarani Building, Doranda Ranchi, 834002 Ph: +91-651-2400 737/ 738 E-mail: email@example.com
Cyber crime cell Haryana
Cyber Crime and Technical Investigation Cell, Joint Commissioner of Police Old S.P.Office complex, Civil Lines
Cyber crime cell Jammu
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Jammu SSP, Crime CPO Complex, Panjtirthi Jammu-180004 Contact Details Ph: +91-191-257-8901 E-mail: email@example.com
Cyber crime cell Meghalaya
SCRB, Superintendent of Police Meghalaya Ph: +91 98630 64997 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cyber crime cell Bihar
Cyber Crime Investigation Unit Dy.S.P.Kotwali Police Station, Patna Ph: +91 94318 18398 E-mail: email@example.com
Cyber crime cell Uttar Pradesh
Cyber Complaints Redressal Cell, Nodal Officer Cyber cell Agra, Agra Range 7, Kutchery Road, Baluganj, Agra-232001 Uttar Pradesh Ph:919410837559 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Himachal Pradesh CID Office, Dy.SP
Cyber crime cell Himachal Pradesh
Contact Details Ph: (Contact number removed on the request of Cyber Cell PHQ Shimla) E-mail:email@example.com
Cyber crime cell Kerala
Hitech Cell Police Head Quarters Thiruvananthapuram Contact Details Ph: +91-471 272 1547 +91-471 272 2768 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cyber crime cell Odisha
Cyber Crime Police Station, CID, Crime Branch, Odisha, Cuttack-753001 Ph. No.0671-2305485 E-mail ID:- email@example.com
Cyber crime cell Punjab
Cyber Crime Police Station DSP Cyber Crime, S.A.S Nagar, you havePatiala, Punjab Ph: +91 172 2748 100
Cyber crime cell Kolkata - West Bengal
CID, Cyber Crime West Bengal Ph: +9133 24506163 e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org For your safety concern now we will share with you some important things. Have a look-
How to know that an email attachment is safe-
Here are some steps by which you can find is it safe or not-
- Is the sender of email you know about?
- How many times have you received emails from this sender before?
- It is expected that this sender will send an attachment.
- Are that email contents and subject matching or not?
- Install an anti-virus because that email may contain the virus. If that email contains virus the anti-virus will warn you when you click it to open.
Some Online Tips for Your Safety
- Never ever reveal or share your password with anyone or complete strangers.
- Never give your personal details like address, phone no. or your spots for hangouts to a stranger. This can lead a cyber crime against you.
- Never fix a meeting with strangers because you never know that person can be a criminal.
- Never send your pictures to stranger. Send them only to those whom you know very well.
- Never reveal or share your personal things about your family, friends or people with you. This can also prove a key for cyber crime.
- Try not to respond to the emails from unknown person. Avoid it.
- Don’t reveal on social sites or anywhere that you are anonymous for the internet. You can be used as a puppet for the cyber crime.
- Try not to download any software or file from unknown links. Those links can be proved harmful for you and your system.
- If a stranger is talking to you about your personal details try not to communicate and block him or her if he or she is bothering.
- Try not to post inappropriate things or contents on the internet because these things will highlight you in the eyes of a criminal. So avoid it.
- If someone bullies you online then try to avoid it. Sometimes people intentionally abuse you or say bad words to you just to check if you will respond or not. These kinds of people find a chance to harm other if someone replies to their mails or messages.
- Avoid the adult sites not just the kids but the adults also.
- Before sending anything to anyone just tries to understand that this will be on internet for forever. So be cautioned before sending an email or a picture or a blog or a journal.
Also Read: How to Prevent Cyber Crime (Top 19 Tips)