Whatsapp has the finest feature of creating groups. You can create it and add your friends or family members to that group. If a member of the group sends any message, it goes to all the members. If you are creating a group, you are the admin of the group. You can add more admins to the group. Adding and removing member can only be done by group admins. The maximum number of participant in the group is limited to 256. In this article, we are going to see how to create Whatsapp groups.
How to Create WhatsApp Group on Android Phones
If you are having an android phone, follow the steps below to create a group and add participants.
1. Launch Whatsapp: Do this by tapping over the Whatsapp icon in the menu.
2. Open dot menu: Tap on the three dots in the upper right corner.
3. Create a new group: Tap over the option new group shown at the top.
4. Add participants: Type the contact name in the search box, or scroll the list and tap over the name of the contact to add it to the group. Then tap on next in the lower right corner. You cannot add participants without adding them to your contacts, while you can message them without adding the contact.
5. Add Subject: Type the subject(Name) of your group, i.e. name of the group and tap on the check mark.
6. Confirm group created: In chats your group name is present means, you have successfully created a group.
7. Add profile photo and more participants: Tap on the group and then three dots in the upper right corner. Now tap on the group info, and tap on the space for a profile photo, now you can select profile photo for your group from the gallery. You can mute notifications for the group if you want to. You can add more group members by tapping on the icon that looks like a person with plus sign.
8. Share invite link: After you hit the add participants option, there is one another option called invite people via link, this option gives you a link to your group, which you can share with your friends. They can join the group using the link.
9. Post in the group: You can share anything in your group like text, images, videos, etc. Auto download of the images and videos can be turned off.
10. Making other admins and removing: Go to group info and tap and hold on the participant, now from the options select group admin. In the same way, you can also remove a group member.
Is there any way to stop myself included in Whatsapp groups?
There is no way to protect our account from added to groups. But, If you are added to any unwanted groups, you can exit yourself. That can be done by tapping on the group name and scroll it to the bottom.
How to Create WhatsApp Group on iPhone
1. Open Whatsapp: Do this by tapping on the Whatsapp icon on the home screen.
2. Tap on New group: Go to chats and in the top, tap on the New group option.
3. Add participants and group name: Select the participants and tap on next option. Now you will be asked group name, type it and create the group.
4. More options: You can now post in the group. For more options, tap on the group name on the top.
5. Add photo, participants and invite: You can change the photo by tapping over the photo icon. For adding more participants tap on + option. Finally, if you want to invite people to your group, do it by tapping on the invite group via link.
In conclusion, you can create different groups for different circles, like friend circle, family circle or colleague circle. After being joined in number of groups, remember to mute the annoying groups. They send a lot of messages in bad times that clutter your phone.