Do you want to change WhatsApp number? If you have changed your mobile number, for some reasons like for mobile lost or a new phone, you don’t have to worry about losing the old Whatsapp account associated with the old Whatsapp number. Whatsapp let your details to migrate from the old Whatsapp number to new Whatsapp number without losing your account info, groups, and settings.
Old Whatsapp number will be deleted and all the details of your chat history and other details will be kept with your new number. After the migration, your friends should change your number in the contacts to get connected with you in Whatsapp. In this article, we going see, how to change WhatsApp number, step by step.
Simple Guide to Change WhatsApp Number
1. Launch Whatsapp: Do this by tapping on the Whatsapp icon. You will be able to see three menus chats, status, and If you are not able to see status menu means, you are running the old version of Whatsapp it has to be updated.
2. Open Three Dot Menu: This option is available in the top right corner of the Whatsapp main window.
3. Go to Settings: After opening the three-dot menu, select settings option in the number of options shown.
4. Go to Account: Tap on the account option in the top.
5. Change My Whatsapp Number option: Tap on the change my number option shown below. Now you have to make sure that your old number is able to send and receive SMS and calls.
6. Confirm Migration: Do this by tapping on the next option in the upper right corner.
7. Enter Old and New Whatsapp number: Enter both numbers is the fields shown and tap on ‘done’ option on the top right side and wait for the Whatsapp to connect to its server.
8. Enter OTP: Whatsapp will send you a one time password. It will be auto-detected if you are using the old number on your phone. Otherwise, You have to manually enter the 6 digit OTP in the box shown. After entering OTP, wait for a few seconds to get system loaded.
9. Changed Number: Now you have successfully changed WhatsApp number, you can confirm it by the pop-up window showing the information. In the groups, the change of number will be notified.
Note: One Time Password(OTP) will be sent to you within few seconds. It is a unique code with six digits. If you don’t receive it after a minute, you can select the resend option. If you have trouble receiving OTP via SMS, you can select the call me option to get the OTP through voice calling
iPhone: Follow the same procedure to change WhatsApp number on iPhone as Android.