WhatsApp allows users to alter the backgrounds of individual chats or the entire group of chats. On both iOS and Android smartphones, WhatsApp has a function that allows users to change the background of their chats.
Aside from that, WhatsApp allows you to customize the background wallpaper for each of your chats. The wallpapers are also compatible with both the Light and Dark modes. As a result, whenever you change your phone's settings, the wallpaper will change as well. So, let's see how can we change the background wallpaper.
Change WhatsApp Home Screen Wallpaper
Change WhatsApp Background Wallpaper in 8 Easy Steps
Step-1 Open Whatsapp: To change the WhatsApp background wallpaper first we will open WhatsApp. Click on the WhatsApp wallpaper on your device.
Step-2 Click on the three dots: After that, click on the three dots button. You can refer the image given below for reference.
Step-3 Click on settings: Next, to change the background wallpaper click on 'Settings'
Step-4 Tap on the chats option: Further, in the settings choose the 'Chats' option. From here you change the theme, wallpapers and chat history.
Step-5 click on the wallpaper: Next, select the 'Wallpaper' option to add the background wallpaper of your choice.
Step-6 Tap on change: To change your wallpaper, select 'Change'
Step-7 Now, select the image: Well now it's time to select the wallpaper of your choice. Choose any wallpaper that you want to apply.
Step-8 Click on set wallpaper: Lastly, after selecting the wallpaper, click on 'Set Wallpaper' to apply it.
Previously, WhatsApp only enabled users to set a single personalized wallpaper for all of their chats; this is no longer the case. However, now you may now set a distinctive wallpaper for each of your chats individually. Not only that, but the Facebook-owned messaging app has also unveiled a new set of vibrant and dark themes indeed. You can change your WhatsApp home screenwallpaper as well and apply the wallpaper of your choice.
Will my background wallpaper be visible to everyone after I change it?
No, other contacts will not be able to view the wallpaper you used in the chat inbox. Only you can see the WhatsApp chat wallpaper.
How do I change the color of my WhatsApp profile?
The first step is to open the app and navigate to Settings > Chats > App Icon to alter the color of your WhatsApp icon. Then you can pick from a variety of colors or even create your own.
How do I change the WhatsApp background on myiPhone?
Change WhatsApp Chat Wallpaper on iPhone utilizing stock Library photos accessible on iPhone by following the methods below:
Firstly, Open WhatsApp and go to the bottom menu's Settings tab.
Then, Go to Chats > Chat Wallpaper and touch on Wallpaper Library from the Settings screen.
After that, on the Wallpaper Library screen, choose the wallpaper you want to use as your iPhone's WhatsApp Chat Background.
Lastly, once you've chosen a wallpaper, it'll open in Preview mode. Next, complete with counterfeit WhatsApp chat messages. If you're happy, select the Set option.
Now, on your iPhone, the selected Library Image will now be used as the WhatsApp Chat Background.
For Old App Users
The WhatsApp background wallpaper can be easily changed to any picture of the user’s choice. The WhatsApp background wallpaper is the wallpaper that appears in the background of the chat screen. A user can set any background he/she wants by following a few simple steps. There are multiple ways of doing this. The following article explains the steps to change the WhatsApp background wallpaper.
How to Change Whatsapp background wallpaper on Android.
1. Launch WhatsApp: The first step is to launch the application. You need to find the application from your app drawer and tap on it once to open. It will directly open into the chats tab.
2. Tap on the Menu option: In the chats tab, you will notice the menu option in the top right corner of the screen. It is usually represented by three dots placed in a vertical line. Tap on it once to access the menu. It will give you a drop-down list of options.
3. Select “settings”: From the drop-down list that appears, you have to select settings. Locate it and tap on it once to select. It will take you to the settings of WhatsApp.
4. Go to “chats”: In the settings, tap on the “chats” option. It will take you to all the settings regarding chats.
5. Tap on Wallpaper: In the chats setting, you have to locate the option of “wallpaper”. Once you find it, you have to tap on it once to select it. It will automatically provide you with the option from where you want to select your wallpaper. Tap on your choice, for example, “gallery”.
6. Choose your desired picture: From your gallery, you can pick any picture you want to set as the wallpaper by tapping on it once. It will give you a preview.
7. Set the wallpaper: In the preview, you can set it by moving the picture. Once you’re satisfied, tap on set and it will change the WhatsApp background wallpaper.
Alternative method to change WhatsApp wallpaper on android
You can also change the WhatsApp background wallpaper directly from the chat of an individual. For this, you have to follow the following steps.
1. Launch WhatsApp: First and foremost you have to launch the application. This means you have to open the WhatsApp application. By default, it will open in the chats tab.
2. Go to any chat: From the chat tab, locate any tab and open it. When you open the chat screen of an individual or any group, you will find various options like video call, call, etc.
3. Tap on the Options menu: In the chat screen, from the different options available, tap on the options menu. It is located in the top right corner of the screen and represented by three dots. It gives a drop-down list of various options.
4. Select “wallpaper”: From the drop-down list, tap on the “wallpaper” option present. It will automatically give you the option from where you want to set the WhatsApp background. Select the desired option.
5. Choose a picture: When you select the desired option, it will take you to the pictures in that folder. Choose the picture of your preference by tapping it once. Once you do this, it will open in the WhatsApp background wallpaper preview.
6. Set the wallpaper: when it opens in the preview, you are required to set the picture according to your preference. You can do this by moving the picture. Once you are satisfied with it, tap on “set”. It will automatically change the WhatsApp background wallpaper.
Alternative method to change WhatsApp background Wallpaper (2)
You can also change the WhatsApp background wallpaper to any picture that you have received from someone through WhatsApp. The procedure for this is a simple one.
1. Launch WhatsApp: The first step is to open the application. Tap on the WhatsApp icon in the app drawer once to open.
2. Open the chat of the person: From the chat tab, open the chat of the person or group which has sent you the picture.
3. Tap on the person/group name: In the chat, tap on the name of the person or group that has sent you the picture. It will take you to the various options regarding the chat.
4. Go to media: In the chat options, you have to go to the chat media. To do this, swipe across the pictures until you see an arrow. Tap on the arrow and it will open the media of that particular chat.
5. Choose the picture and open it: From the media of the chat, choose the picture you want to set. Scroll down until you find it and tap on it once to open it. It will open the picture in the individual view.
6. Select Options: When it opens up the picture in individual view, select the options. It Is usually located n the top right corner and represented by 3 dots. Tap on it once. It gives you a drop-down list of option.
7. Tap on “use as wallpaper”: From the drop-down list, tap on the “use as wallpaper” option. It will automatically change the WhatsApp background wallpaper.
Thus in this way, the WhatsApp background wallpaper can be easily changed. There are 3 basic methods to do this, either through the settings or in the chat or from the media of the chat. The above article explains the step by step procedure to do this.