Notification sounds play a crucial role in the use of messenger. A user can personalize the notification sounds according to his/her wishes. The procedure to personalize your notification sound in messenger is to change the notification sound in messenger. There are a number of different notification sounds available to a user to set as the notification sound. The procedure to do so is very simple. Therefore, you can follow the steps explained in this article to change the notification sound in messenger.
How to Change Notification Sound on Messenger! (Video)
Steps to change notification sound in messenger
1. Launch the Messenger app : The first step to change the notification sound in messenger is top launch the application. To do this, you have to open the application from the phone's app drawer. Locate the messenger icon from among the applications as shown by the arrow. Tap on the messenger icon once to launch the application on your device.
2. Tap on your Profile picture: As a result of opening the messenger application, you will get the screen shown below. This is the home-screen of messenger. You will find multiple options in these sections, namely
In the home screen, you have to locate your Profile picture. You will find the profile picture at the top left corner of the screen as shown in the picture. Tap on this profile picture once. It represents your profile section.
3. Select the Notification and sounds option: The profile section will open as shown in the picture below. You will get a number of different options such as
Among these options, you will also find the option of Notifications and Sounds. Locate the option and tap on it once to open the Notification and sounds of messenger. This option includes all settings regarding the Notifications and sounds of the messenger application.
4. Choose the Notification Sound option: As a result of opening the Notification and sounds section of messenger, you will get the section shown below. This section includes all notification related options such as notification light, story notification, etc. Locate the Notification sound option as shown in the picture below. Tap on it once to access the different notification sounds available to you.
5. Select the Sound of your choice: Tapping on the notification sound option will give you a pop up as shown below. This pop up includes the different notification sounds available to you to choose from. Just tap on the names of the different sounds to preview the sound. Make sure that your phone is not on silent or vibrate mode. Go through enough sounds to make your selection.
6. Tap on the OK option: After you have chosen your Sound, you can select it. Locate the OK option at the bottom of the screen to do this. Tapping on this option will confirm your selection of the sound as your notification. Therefore, Tap on the OK option once you are satisfied with your selection. You can try out as many sounds as you want before selecting the OK option.
7. Confirm the change in Notification sound: Once you have followed all the steps explained above, you will have to confirm the change. You will be redirected back to the previous screen. Again, locate the Notification sound option from the different options. Below the Notification sound option, you will find the name of the sound you picked. Ensure that the name appearing below the Notification sound option is the sound you picked.
Therefore, any user can change the Notification sound in messenger. The user has to follow the steps explained in this article. The procedure is simple as well as easy to execute. There are no major complication nor are there any confusing steps. Thus, it is an important option provided by messenger to users. The reason being that it allows the users to personalize the notifications of their messages according to their choices.