What is Aadhaar Card? Aadhar card is 12 digits number called Unique Identification Number. It is issued by authority of India named UIDAI- Unique Identification Authority of India which was formed on 28th January 2009.
Aadhaar card contains both the demographic and the biometric details of a resident. These details stored in the centralized database which can be accessible easily. Aadhaar card serves as proof for identity and address in the whole country.
But what if you want make some data correction or change in your Aadhaar card details. Well, it is possible. Today we will Guide you, how to change your address in your Aadhar card. The step by step procedure is given below-
1. Visit official website: First go to UIDAI website, this is the official portal for making updates and correction in the aadhar card.
2. Click on update link: The home page of UIDAI will be opened. At the home page, you will see an option at your left side of in the orange box ‘Aadhaar Services’ and there you will find ‘Update your aadhar data’ option. Click on that option.
3. Select one of the option: The link https://resident.uidai.net.in/update-data which is the official kiosk for making updates. Three modes will be given there. 1. Online request. 2. Request by post. 3. Annexure for address change by MP/MLA or gazetted officers. We will tell you about the all three methods.
How to change address in aadhar card online - Online Mode
For the online update, you will need to fill the details online. The simple process is given below-
At the below of the page, you will find an option ‘To submit your request online please, Click here’ Click on that link or you can directly go to this link by clicking on https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update. 3. Enter your Aadhaar number: A portal will be opened, where the first step will be given as login with Aadhaar. Fill your aadhar number in the box.
Click the option ‘Send OTP’ and also fill the Captcha. An OTP number will be received at your given mobile number.
Note - Your Mobile number is mandatory. Enter the OTP number and click on login. 4 Give your personal details: The fields will be given for the update or correction after login, which will be like this-
- Your local language will be given.
- The fields will be-Name
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number.
Select address and click on ‘Submit’.
5. Fill updated address: The next step will be Data update request. At that page, you have to fill the following details given below- Contact details -
After filling all these details click on ‘submit update request’
6. Review the whole information: The next will be opened where you can review your details one more time. If you want to change any details again click on ‘modify’ and if not then select the ‘I confirm’ option. Then click on ‘proceed’ option.
7. Upload the document: The next page will ask about the document upload. The following things will be given there-
- Document type- Proof of address.
- Document- many options will be given there like Passport, Voter ID etc. Select one of them like a passport.
- Then select the file from your PC and upload it.
- A confirmation dialog will pop up at your window asking whether the document is original or not and is the document valid by UIDAI. Click on yes.
After the uploading of the document click on ‘submit’.
8. Select fast services: After the document upload the page will be opened for ‘BPO services provider selection and request submission’. Select that one which graph shows fast services. Then click on ‘submit’.
9. Take a print: After selecting BPO service a page will be opened stated that your update request completed. The time and date will be mentioned on which the request is made. You can make a print out of the file or download it on your Computer.
Update Aadhar Card by Post - By Post Mode
At the update page, the second mode will be given – Request by post. The offline process is given below-
1. Download the form- First download the form from the given option.
2. Take a print: The form will be opened in Microsoft word. Take the print of that form.
3. Fill the details: In the form the following details will be asked-
- Field for update/correction-Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Address, Mobile
- Aadhar No.
You have to fill details in both English and the local language.
- Resident Name.
- Gender- Male/Female/Transgender
- Date of Birth
- C/O details
- Guardian/Spouse/Parents name.
- Post office
- Mobile No. (Mandatory).
- Document Details- a. POI- Proof of identity,
- DOB- Date of Birth,
- POA- Proof of address.
4. Attach the document: After filling the details, attach the document’s photocopy then applicant’s signature is required.
5. Choose the address: You can choose an address for posting the form which is more convenient for you from the following-
- Address I
UIDAI Post-Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh - 480001, India
- Address II
UIDAI Post-Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad - 500034, India
Annexure for address change by MP/MLA or gazetted officers-
This is the third mode for the address change. The link given is the official link which is available on the UIDAI site. Through this link, you can go to the form which will be required for address changes. The following documents are valid as address proof for address change-
- Bank Statement/ Passbook
- Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
- Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Water bill (not older than 3 months)
- Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months)
- Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
- Insurance Policy
- Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Instruction on letterhead
- NREGS Job Card
- Arms License
- Pensioner Card
- Freedom Fighter Card
- Kissan Passbook
- CGHS / ECHS Card
- Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
- Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas)
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Registered Sale / Lease / Rent Agreement
- Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts
- Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt.
- Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective Governments/Administrations
- Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Passport of Spouse
- Passport of Parents(in case of Minor)