- travel delhi metro
- join ngo delhi
- widow pension delhi
- sc certificate delhi
- water bill delhi
- pension scheme delhi
- birth certificate delhi
- court marriage delhi
- income certificate delhi
- caste certificate delhi
- fir status delhi
- complaints against schools
- d driving license delhi
- internship in delhi
- mtnl bill delhi
- employment exchange delhi
- delhi verification certificate
- delhi metro wifi
- recharge metro card
- traffic police challan
- marriage certificate delhi
- driving licence delhi
- online fir delhi
How to Apply for Birth Certificate in Delhi
All those who are born in India should possess a birth certificate, or have their birth registered at the concerned Municipality or Government office. As per the Registration of Births & Deaths Act of 1969, The birth registration has to be completed within 21 days of birth at the offices of Central, State, Town, or Village Registrars.
Irrespective of your caste, community, region, gender, or religion, it is very important to have a birth certificate.
Delhi residents can avail a whole range of rights or services using the valid and legal birth certificate.
You need a birth certificate for voting rights, marriage, school admissions, inheritance, Govt. job, driving license, or passport.
Online Birth Certificate Delhi |
Documents Required for Birth Certificate
If you did not get your birth registered or if you do not have a certificate with you, then keep the following documents (original and photocopies) ready at hand-
- 10th Marks sheet, School Leaving and Bona Fide Certificates.
- ID & Address Proof (Ex- PAN Card/Ration Card/Voter ID/Aadhar Card)
- Latest passport size color photos to be affixed on the application form.
- An affidavit from parents, close relatives, siblings, etc., stating the birthplace, date, time, and year (if required).
What Are the Rules for Obtaining Birth Certificate?
- Birth has to be registered with the local authorities within 21 days of the birth at home, hospital, or nursing home. (Free of cost).
- If birth has not been registered and if you do not have date/place of birth proof, then you have to arrange a court directed affidavit with the assistance of a practicing advocate.
- Birth certificate can be collected within 1 year of birth or even after that using the application form, age proof, or legal documents.
- The local authorities require about 4 to 7 days to issue the birth certificate. Delhi residents can collect and submit the application forms at municipal council offices or at the NDMC website (online mode).
How to Apply Birth Certificate in Delhi
- Birth Certificates in Delhi are issued by the Local Bodies namely MCD, NDMC, Delhi Cantonment Board within 7 days of birth.
- Prepare an application form addressing the Registrar of Birth and Death.
- The application form should have details of name, parent's name, date and place of birth, sex, permanent address, and signatures of parents.
- Affix the birth registration issued by the hospital or the court affidavit and supporting documents for proof of age, address, etc.
- The Birth certificates are issued from the registration centers/Zonal Offices (MCD, NDMC) of the local bodies.
The birth registration or record that has been issued by the local hospital where the birth has taken place is a valid and legal document.
However, those who are born after 26th Jan 1989 cannot obtain a passport without the Registrar office issued a birth certificate.
Delhi residents who had either institutionalized or non-institutionalised births are eligible to apply for a birth certificate using the hospital record or legal affidavit.
Certificates for recorded births do not cost more than Rs 20/- while non-institutionalised births will have additional costs related to affidavit stamp paper, attestation, advocate fee etc.
Delhi government website is explaining the same thing to get the birth certificate in Delhi. Here you can get some other information regarding birth certificates.
Watch below video explaining step by step procedure to apply birth certificate in Delhi offline.
- How to Pay online Bill of MTNL Delhi
- How to Register in Employment Exchange Online in Delhi
- How to Apply Online for Delhi Police Verification Certificate
- How to Use Free Delhi Metro WiFi
- How to Recharge Delhi Metro (DMRC) Card Online
- How To Check and Pay Delhi Traffic Police Challan online
- How to Register Marriage and get Marriage Certificate in Delhi
- How to Apply Online Driving Licence in Delhi
- How to Register Online FIR in Delhi Police
- More Articles...