Most of the office work is based on the emails. We share documents and other data on our mails. We can attach documents in our mails in Gmail easily. We can share pictures, PDF documents or word documents very easily. We can use Google drive also to share files. We can attach a file in Gmail easily.
Steps to attach a file in Gmail
You can attach any file in your mail through desktop or mobile app.
How to Attach a file in Gmail through mobile app
Gmail is available on both platforms Android and IOS. On Android, the app is inbuilt and on IOS devices, you have to download the app to use its other services.
These are steps will help you to understand how you can attach a file in Gmail:
- Open the app: Open your Gmail app and sign in with your Gmail account. You can use inbuilt mail app as well in your iPhone with your Gmail account.
- Tap on compose icon: Tap on the compose icon option at the bottom right corner.
- Enter the mail address: Enter the mail address of the person whom you want to send a mail in “To” box.
- Add subjects and write the mail: Now write your subject and mail to complete it.
- Tap on ‘insert’ icon: Tap on insert icon to attach files.
- Choose your file: Now choose your file for to attach in mail. You can pick it from your mobile. You can add files from Google drive as well.
How to attach a file in Gmail on Desktop
- Open the browser: Open your preferred browser on desktop.
- Sign in with Gmail: Open Gmail and sign in with your Gmail account.
- Click on ‘Compose’: Now click on ‘compose’ option at the top left corner.
- Enter the email address. You can see the option of “To” on the top. Enter the mail address of the person whom you want to send a mail in this box.
- Complete the mail: Add subject and CC and BCC in your mail. Write down the mail in the big box. (Learn how to add CC in Gmail)
- Click on the attach files option: At the bottom of the compose box, you can see insert files options in the right of the ‘send’ option. You can pick your file according to you.
- If you want to attach a file from your computer, you can insert it with first icon in attach files.
- You can share photos also. It has the photo icon. Click on it and share.
- You can share links in mail with using insert link icon.
- You can insert the file using the Google drive option. Click on it and select file for your mail. You can even share Google drive link through the option if your file is big.
- You can share Emoji as well. Gmail have this option too in this horizontal line.
This is how, you can attach a file from your computer or the Google drive easily.
That’s how you can share the files through your Gmail app.