Messenger is the service from Facebook. You can use this service by using your Facebook account or Messenger account now. Sometimes we need to make our account private or we need some privacy so Facebook has added a feature in Messenger that your account will appear offline on Messenger. You can easily use this function in your mobile Apps.
Steps to appear offline on Messenger
Messenger service is available on both Android and iPhone devices. You can easily use Facebook Messenger without showing that you are active.
How to appear offline on messenger on Android
These are few steps, which will help you to make your account offline to your Messenger friends.
- Open messenger: Open Facebook Messenger.
- Log In: Complete your login process with your Facebook account.
- Tap on profile picture: Tap on the profile picture at the top right side.
- Tap on active status: Tap on active status option.
- Turn off the active status: Swipe left the blue bar to turn off the active status.
That’s how you can turn off your activity status and now you will be offline from Messenger.
How to appear offline on messenger on iPhone
These are the few steps, which will help you to make your account offline to your Messenger friends.
- Open the app: Open Facebook Messenger app.
- Complete the login: Complete your login with your Facebook ID or Messenger ID.
- Tap on profile: Tap on profile picture at the top left corner.
- Tap on active status: Now tap on active status in the profile section at the top.
- Make activity offline: You will see a green bar on the right side to ‘show when you’re active’ option. Swipe the green bar to left side. It will be turned off.
Now your account will appear offline. Nobody can see that you are active on Facebook. This is the way you can use chat on Messenger without knowing that you are online.