WhatsApp automatically recognizes the contacts that are present in your phonebook list and shows them on your WhatsApp list. Therefore, to add a new person to your WhatsApp, you just simply have to save that person’s phone number in your phonebook.
If you are a new user and wondering how to do this then follow the below-mentioned steps one after another and in no time you will able to converse with your favorite people by getting them added on your WhatsApp list.
Steps to add someone to WhatsApp on Android
Steps to follow-:
1. Open your phone address book- Go to your phone contacts and save the phone number of the person whom you want to add on your WhatsApp.
2. Check if the number is local or international- It’s important to see if the number that you want to add is local or international. If it is local, save it in the same format as you would dial that number. If it is international, you need to save it in international format- [country code] [ Phone number].
3. Open WhatsApp- Once you are done with saving that person’s phone number, open WhatsApp. It’s a green app with a chat bubble icon and a white phone at the center. If this is your first time opening WhatsApp, you need to register first by providing your phone number and name.
4. Go to Contacts option- Click on the Green Chats tab present at the bottom right corner of the page. Here, you will see a list of all the people that are present in your phone contacts.
5. Click on three vertical dots- On the top right corner, you will see three vertical dots. Click on it.
6. Go to “Refresh”- In the dropdown list, click on “Refresh” option. This will refresh your contact list and will update it with new contacts if you have saved new phone numbers in your phonebook.
7. Find the new contact in your contact list- Once you refresh the WhatsApp page, you can now look for that new person by sliding down your list or by directly searching for the person’s name by clicking on search icon present at top right corner of the page, besides those three vertical dots.
To avoid any problems, one must make sure that WhatsApp has access to your phone contacts. If that is not the case, then change your WhatsApp settings to access your contacts.
How to invite someone to WhatsApp on Android
WhatsApp is fun to use once you have got all your favorite people in your WhatsApp list. It leads you to interact easily with these people and exchange important information.
Although, there might be cases when people whom you want to interact with, are not present on WhatsApp or maybe they might still be present on WhatsApp but are not using it. In such a situation, WhatsApp allows you to invite your friends through a variety of ways, so that you can have them added on your WhatsApp list, to make your chatting experience worthwhile.
Steps to invite someone -: 1. Open WhatsApp- Tap on the WhatsApp, it is a green chat bubble icon, to invite your friends. 2. Tap on three Vertical dots icon- Tap on the three vertical dots icon present at top right corner of the page. 3. Go to Settings- Tap on “Settings” from the bottom of the dropdown list, that appears after tapping on three vertical dots. 4. Go to “Invite a friend”- On the settings page, tap on “Invite a friend”. 5. Choose invite option- You will come across various invite options to invite your friends to join WhatsApp. It could be through Messages, Instagram, Snapchat, Hike or any other app that is present in your contacts. 6. Choose the person to invite- Once you choose your invite option, you will come across a list of your friends. Tap in front of the name of the person whom you want to invite. He will be sent an invitation request from your side to your friend, he can confirm and join WhatsApp.