Facebook provides the connectivity with your all contacts. It provides the connectivity to the users who are connected to you through phone numbers. You can easily add your contacts on Messenger. Let's see how you can add someone on Messenger.
Steps to add someone on Messenger
Messenger app is available on both Android and iPhone devices. By these two methods, You can add any user who's in your contact list or on Facebook and Messenger.
How to add someone by contacts and phone number on Messenger
You can make connectivity with using phone number on Messenger by using these quick steps:
- Open the app: Open Facebook Messenger app.
- Complete the login: Complete your login with your Facebook ID.
- Tap on profile icon: Tap on profile picture at the top left corner.
- Tap on people: Tap on ‘people’ option.
- Tap on upload contacts: Tap on ‘upload contacts’ option next.
- Turn on the contacts: Tap on ‘turn on’ to enable the access to the contacts. Now you can add contacts in Messenger. Next steps are adding users from your contacts.
- Tap on people icon: Back to home page and tap on people icon in the middle at the bottom.
- Tap on add people icon: Tap on ‘add people’ icon at the top right corner.
- Tap on plus icon: Tap on add plus tab at the top right corner.
- Choose ‘pick from your contacts’: Choose ‘pick from your contacts’ option.
- Choose the contact: Select the contact from your contacts list. Now tap on contact’s number. If you already know the number, then back to the app and tap on ‘enter your phone number’ option.
- Tap on save: Tap on save at the right side.
Now Facebook will find you the user according to the contact number. It will work only if the contact is on Facebook with the same number. If not, then user is not using Messenger on this number.
How to add someone by scanning the code
You can add someone by using ‘scan code’ as well. Just see quick steps:
- Tap on People tab: Tap on ‘people’ icon in the middle at the bottom of the app.
- Tap on ‘add people’ sign: Tap on ‘add people’ sign at the top right corner.
- Tap on plus tab: Tap on add plus tab at the top right corner.
- Choose scan code: Tap on ‘scan code’ (iPhone) or ‘scan messenger code’ (Android) option at the top left corner to start scanning process.
- Scan the code: Tap on ‘scan code’ at the top to scan the code of the particular user. Use your camera to scan the code. You can take the code from your Camera Roll. If the users want to know their code, then tap on ‘my code’ option. They can share the code with any user.
When you complete the scanning, Facebook will find you the user. This is how you can make connectivity with your contact on Messenger. You just need the code.