WhatsApp allows users to communicate with other users in any part of the world. But for this, they have to have each other’s contact. Thus, a contact that is of another country is called an International contact. International contacts in WhatsApp can be easily added.
The procedure is the same as adding domestic contacts. The only important thing is that you have to know the correct country code. The following article explains the steps to add an International contact on WhatsApp.
How to Add a Number in Whatsapp From a Different Country!
Steps to Add international contact on WhatsApp
1. Launch WhatsApp: The first step is to launch the application. Access it from the app drawer and tap on it once to open. It will automatically open the application in the chat tab.
2. Tap on “new Chat” option: Once you are in the Chats tab, you have to tap on the new chat option. This is usually situated at the bottom right corner of the screen. It is represented by a White message icon, in a green circle. It will take you to the contact list.
3. Select “New contact”: In the contact list, you will find an option called “New contact”. This is usually the second option in the contact list. Tap on it once. It will directly open your phone’s address book.
4. Enter the user’s name: When it open’s the address book, you have to enter the user’s name first. Type the name of the person, that contact you want to save.
5. Put the correct country code: Once you type the name, you have to enter the country’s code. You have to make sure that you put the right country code. For example, USA is +1, UK is +44. To add the + sign, you have to long press 0 key.
6. Save the contact: Once you enter all the details and make sure that the code is correct, you can save the contact by tapping “save” option.
It will automatically add the international contact in your WhatsApp contact list when you refresh contacts.
An alternative method to Add international contact on WhatsApp (From dialer)
1. Open Phone’s Dialer: The first step is to open the phone’s built-in dialer. This is to be done by locating it in the app drawer and tapping it once to open.
2. Enter the International number with correct code: In the dialer, you have to make sure you enter the correct code of that particular country. Long press on 0 to add the + sign and then enter the number.
3. Select “add new contact”: When you enter the number and the phone does not recognize it, it will give you the option to add new contact. Select that option. It will take you to the address book and give you the option to add other details.
4. Add other details: In the address book, you have to add the remaining details like name, email address etc.
5. Save the contact: Once you enter all the details and are sure that you entered the right code, you have to save the contact. Tap on the save option and the international contact will be saved.
Once you save the contact, it will automatically get added to the WhatsApp contact list when you refresh it. In this way, you can Add an International contact on WhatsApp.
Alternative Method to Add International contact on WhatsApp (From Address book)
1. Launch the Address book/Contacts: The first step is to open the contacts of the phone. You can do so by locating it in the app drawer and tapping it once.
2. Select “Add new”: In the address book/contacts, select the option “add new”. This will usually be present at the top of the contact list, or in the options. Tap on it once to start adding.
3. Enter the details: Once you tap on add new, it will give you the option to add all the details of the new contact. Add all details like name, etc.
4. Put the correct country code: You have to make sure you enter the right code for the country. The code of the country will begin with the + sign. Tap and hold on the 0 key to get the + sign and add the code. For example, USA +1.
5. Save the contact: Once you enter all the details and have entered the code correctly, you can save the contact. Tap on save, and it will create the contact in your phone.
The international contact will automatically appear on your WhatsApp contact list when you launch the app and refresh it.
Thus by following the above steps, you can add an international contact on WhatsApp very easily. You can add it either through WhatsApp itself. You can also add it through your dialer or address book.