Signature in Gmail is the text in 2-3 lines who basically use at the bottom of the mail. It is really useful in professional work to make your work faster and can connect well with your clients and employees easily.
It includes your name, company, phone number, website and anything you want to add. You can easily add a signature in Gmail.
Steps to add a signature in Gmail:
You can add your signature text in Gmail on your desktop and mobile app. This service is applicable in both scenarios.
How to add a signature in Gmail App
- Open Gmail: Open your Gmail app in your device and sign in to your account.
- Tap on three bars: Tap three bars menu option at the top left corner.
- Tap ‘settings’: Scroll down and tap ‘settings’ at the bottom.
- Select your account: You will see your mail ID on the top. Tap on it to confirm.
- Tap ‘signature settings’: Scroll down and tap ‘signature settings’ option.
- Swipe left to start process: You see an option ‘mobile signature’. Swipe left the bar at the right corner.
- Type your signature: Now type your signature text in box. Your text has been set. You can now get back to your app.
How to add a signature in Gmail on desktop
- Open the browser: Open your preferred browser on your desktop.
- Open Gmail: Open ‘gmail.com’ website and sign in to your Gmail account.
- Tap the settings icon tab: You will see an icon of settings at the top right corner. Tap on it.
- Tap the ‘settings’ option: Tap the option of ‘settings’ in all options.
- Go to ‘general’: Settings will open from the ‘general’ automatically. If not, then open general which is the first option in horizontal line at the top.
- Find ‘signature’: Now you will see some general settings in this page. Scroll down and you will find the option of ‘signature’ in left corner.
- Enable the signature: Tap on the second option below the option of ‘no signature’ there. You have enabled the signature option.
- Type the text: Now type your signature text according to you in the type box. You can use fonts, size and other options to make it attractive.
- Tap on the line below the box: You see a line after your text box - Insert this signature before quoted text in replies and remove the "--" line that precedes it. Tap on it to confirm it. Now your text will be added in replies as well. If you don’t want to add your signature in replies, then leave it.
- Tap on ‘save changes’: Tap on ‘save changes’ option at the bottom to confirm the signature text.
Now your signature text has been set. Whenever you compose a mail or give a reply to someone, you will see this text at the bottom. You can change the signature at any time.
If you want to add signature text on your replies, then choose the desktop version. This feature is not available in your mobile app.